Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mega Tek Update

Hey Bellas!


Alright so I know that you all saw one of my first posts about my Mega Tek Challenge.  I was so excited about ordering and receiving my Mega Tek, that I forgot to provide information about the product.  So here you go...better late than never ;-)












Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate,
peg100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methlparaben, mucopolysaccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance



What is Mega Tek?
Mega Tek is a hair rebuilder developed by Eqyss and formulated for horses.  Although this growth aid is typically marketed to animals, it IS safe for human use.  Many women use it because Mega Tek stengthens hair and produces rapid hair growth.    


How do you use Mega Tek?
There a number of ways that you can apply Mega Tek

  • Apply to your scalp like you would apply grease or oil.  You can apply to dry or wet hair.  Gently massage the Mega Tek into your scalp with the tips of your fingers.  You can leave the Mega Tek in your hair until your next wash day.  It is not necessary that you wash it out the next day although some people opt to do that. 
    • I recommend diluting your Mega Tek with your favorite oil.  I mix my Mega Tek with Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) about 50/50 and use when my hair is wet.  The JBCO is excellent for sealing in moisture, leaving my hair feeling soft the next day.  When I apply Mega Tek to my dry hair, I mix the Mega Tek with Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil about 50/50.  I apply my Mega Tek about 3 times a week and I co-wash 1-2 a week.  
  • Shampoo your hair.  Apply Mega Tek to your scalp like you are greasing it.  Leave in for at least an hour.  Rinse out the Mega Tek and proceed with your favorite moisturizing conditioner.


    • Once again I would recommend adding your favorite oil to your Mega Tek.  

How often should I use Mega Tek?
Most women use it at least 3 times a week.  Some use it every other day.  I would say just make sure that your co-washing once a week.  Don't want too much product build up in your hair.   


What results should I expect to see?
You should expect to see an increase in thickness and length.  Typical hair growth is about 1/2 inch per month.  Ladies using Mega Tek report 1 inch+ per month.


Is it safe to use?
Made for horses but safe enough for humans.  (I feel crazy writing this)  The things we do for hair growth...  Anywho, there is another alternative if you are really freaked out about the horse thing.  Ovation Cell Therapy (OCT) which was formulated specifically for humans.  It is more expensive but it basically has the same ingredients.  For more information on this product click here







What should I know about this product before I use it?
Your hair needs the perfect balance of protein and moisture!  Mega Tek is like bottled protein.  It is extremely concentrated and can cause protein overload.  This means that you must STOP all other protein treatments that you are using on your hair.  Remember that your body produces protein.  When you have protein overload , you will begin shedding.  To prevent this you can do the following    


  1. Dilute your Mega Tek when applying to your hair.  You can mix it 50/50 with anything...castor oil, coconut oil, or even water.  I personally use Jamaican Black Castor Oil which leaves my hair feeling moisturized the next day.
  2. Use Garlic to combat shedding.  You can do this by taking garlic orally or putting doing a garlic treatment directly on your hair.  See the next post for the garlic treatment recipe...
  3. Garlic Hair Cream Conditioners
Where can I get Mega Tek?  How much is Mega Tek?
Search around online.  I purchased my MT from doversaddlery.com for $24 ,but I heard they sold out of the product.  Here are two sites that carry Mega Tek.  


Just remember to search around.  


Price range should be  
16 oz Bottle - ranges from $20 - $30
2oz Jar  - ranges from $10 – $16




MY Mega Tek Challenge
Here's a picture of my progress so far. It's been one month!!!!  I apologize for the quality of the pictures (and my bummy appearance lol).  If you can tell from the pictures below, before using MR, my hair was about eyebrow level.  Now touching my nose.  YAY for progress! :-)  


**You might not see the progress in the second set of pictures but I can :-D



My Regimen


Mix Mega Tek and JBCO together in a container, 50/50.  Apply to scalp like grease after co-washing (wet hair).  I do this 1-2 times a week.  I prefer to use JBCO on my wet hair because it really gives me moisture when my hair dries the next day.  It feels soft the next day and this is why I LOVE JBCO.  I need to order more because this Mega Tek regimen uses so much of it.

  • I tried using coconut oil in place of the JBCO but I really didn't like the way it made my hair feel.  The next day after using Mega Tek and Coconut Oil, my hair was dry and a bit crunchy. Maybe I needed to add more Coconut Oil or something.  To be fair, I only tried it once so I will try it again and report back.  Lately I have just been adding Coconut Oil to my conditioner.  



Mix Mega Tek and Carol's Daughter together in a container, 50/50.  apply to scalp like grease (dry hair).  I do this 1-2 times a week. 


I began applying my Mega Tek 3x a week.  However I have started to apply it every other day in the last week.  I co wash 1-2x/week, deep condition 1x/week, use clarifying shampoo 1x/month.  


Shedding: I have been taking 1-2 garlic pills daily for shedding.  Even before starting my MT challenge, I was shedding quite a bit.  However this has decreased significantly since I started using the MT and garlic.    




Your MT!
I know a number of you have ordered your Mega Tek!  PLEASE post your regimens and results in the comments section :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this information, i jsut joined the Mega Tek Challenge and needed some advice on where to begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. can we use mega tek with JBCO when hair is dry or only when he´s dry?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I also just bought some mega-tek and have started my challenge. The first time I did not dilute it, however I now see that I can add the oil of my choice or even water. It smells great! Good luck on your challenges ladies, let's pray it works!

    ReplyDelete