Odorless Garlic Pills
- 1-3 Tablets/day
- Pick these up at your local drugstore. I got mine from CVS for a few bucks. This is a great option because of the other advantages you get from garlic. As a natural antibiotic, garlic is effective in fighting toxic bacteria, fungus, and viruses. Garlic is also great for heart health, blood pressure, the immune system.....uhhh you get the point.
*Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo is about $4. The other two are a bit too much for me to spend when I can create my own alternative treatment. I am a firm believer of DIY recipes. A lot of things I put in my hair come straight from my kitchen. Not only is it much cheaper, but I love knowing exactly what is in my hair. I hate putting products in my hair with ingredients that I can't even pronounce.
Here are some other alternatives that you can easily do with the garlic in your kitchen
Garlic Powder-via longhaircareforum.com
1. 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
2. Mix or blend with EVOO, Castor Oil, or Jojoba--should create a thin paste
3. Apply to scalp and hair
4. Cover with shower cap-do not add heat, your body heat is sufficient
--leave on for 30 minutes-1hr
5. Wash hair with a gentle shampoo and condition
Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1. Soak cloves garlic in EVOO (peeled cloves of course)
2. Apply oil to scalp as a pre-poo.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes-1 hour with plastic cap on
4. Shampoo & Condition
**When using cloves of garlic, you can really substitute other ingredients in. I have heard of people using garlic cloves with honey, coconut oil, etc. Try some things out and see what you like best.
**If you are really worried about the smell, try mixing in some of your favorite essential oil.
**Some women even use minced garlic with their favorite oil. They warm the two together to infuse.