Monday, March 15, 2010

Product Review: Oyin Handmade's Grand Poo Bar

Grand Poo Bar by Oyin Handmade
Dislike It     Like It     Love It     Gotta Have It
Buy it here
$7.00

Ingredients: purified water, glycerin, sodium stearate and sodium oleate, sorbitol, stearic acid, lauric acid, African black soap, cocoa butter, cetyl alcohol, coconut oil, lavender, tea tree and citrus essential oils




Alright...so at this point, I'm sure I just seem like an Oyin Handmade groupie...but I have really been loving most of their products.  And I really LOVE the Grand Poo Bar!!

The Grand Poo Bar is a shampoo bar that is sulfate free!  It doesn't strip your hair with harsh detergents but still cleanses as a shampoo.

My experience with the product
The Grand Poo Bar is a small bar as pictured above.  Before using it, I cut off a small piece of the bar so that the entire bar would not get wet.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the small piece of the bar went a very long way.  I wet my hair and then rubbed the Poo bar around my hair and scalp.  Almost immediately I got a nice lather from the bar.  I began to shampoo as usual, making sure that I had enough product in my hair.  I washed out and was surprised to feel the moisture in my hair.  It actually felt like I had just used conditioner in my hair instead of shampoo.  I didn't even condition after using the Grand Poo Bar because I didn't think it was necessary.  

The bar, although not huge, will last for a long time.  This is true especially if you are doing mostly co-washing.  I think that this is a great investment if you're looking for a moisturizing shampoo.

Post your experiences with the product please :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment